VirtueMart vendors Module

Catalogue
Children Furniture (17) Livestock & livestock products (32) Processed Foodstuffs and Beverages (5) Footwear; Headgear; walking-sticks (14) Wood & articles of wood (10) Textiles &Textile articles (29) Leather & leather products (6) Works of art, collectors' pieces and Antiques (55) Machinery & Mechanical appliances (5) Pulp of Wood or of other fibrous; Cellulose material (3) Products of the chemical or allied industries (26) Services (17) Minerals (3) Fresh Produce (3) Metallic Items (6) Fishing Flies (1) spear (1)

List All Products


Advanced Search
 

Smolart




Contact Information

 Smolart
 P.O Box 2925 Postal Code 40200
 
  Kisii


Name: Marketing Manager Jim Kenyanya
Phone: +254-58 31272
Fax: +254-58 31194
Email: info@smolart.co.ke

www.smolart.co.ke

We are a group of artists living in small rural village of Tabaka in Kisii (western Kenya) , about 400 km from Nairobi. The area of Tabaka provides the medium in which we work. The Kisii stone, a type of soft stone found in various shades, hardness and array types. The group was registered in 1990 under the ministry of culture and social services of Kenya and started its operations in March 1994, producing and selling fairly traded products.

We have improved the lives of our carving through marketing, processing grading, packing and transporting. The group has joined together to offer a full product line of carving. Our members are carvers of original fine art pieces and general handicraft items. We work with 200 producer members who are shareholders of SMOLART organization each member work with 5 artisans at there homes thus creating job opportunities to these artisans. About 10,000 artisans benefit directly from the sales made out of these handicrafts. The name SMOLART means SMALL, MEDIUM or LARGE ARTISTS.

Smolart sef-help Group was established in 1990 as a community youth organisation with 40 artisans who were faced with all kinds of disadvantages and was registered in 2004 as a community based organization. Membership grew from 40 to 200 comprised 60% are women and the rest of 40% are men . The men do the actual carving and the women do the sanding and waxing ,colouring to come up with this beutiful products.Men and women make various art pices to add abrend to the african test, which provides income generating opportunities for those who have suffered hunger and poverty. They also support widows and AIDS Orphans. By purchasing our crafts items you will be supporting many rural families (marginalized) and AIDS orphans.

Our Purpose

Our purpose is to be self reliant, as rural people with no access to formal employment. Having curved for manyyears and relying on intermediaries to reach our customer thus receiving a lower return for our products and the customer paying higher prices .We bonded together as a group to export directly and facilitate the export of our products:-

  • To eradicate poverty amongst its members and the community.
  • To improve the social, economic and environmental well being of marginalized producers in developing countries.
  • To promote fair trade and social justice in the interests of the producers and buyers
  • To oppose discrimination in employment and ensure equality for both men and women who suffer from exploitation of their labor and effects of poverty and gender bias.
  • To protect the environment and manage the resources sustainability
  • To produce and develop products based on producers' cultural traditions resources and to promote producers, artists, technological and organizational
  • To break gender imbalance as both men and women are given equal opportunity in all sectors.
  • To promote education, health and community based projects e.g water sanitation and environmental protection and sustainability.

 


 
Product Scroller
Superior Kenya
Superior Kenya


Aroma Tourist Pack - Kikoi AA Bags
Aroma Tourist Pack - Kikoi AA Bags


Frank Incense Oil
Frank Incense Oil


Avocado - Fuerte
Avocado - Fuerte


Tents
Tents


Assorted necklace
Assorted necklace


KCC Rindless Cheddar Cheese
KCC Rindless Cheddar Cheese


Brown beaded bamboo bag and purse
Brown beaded bamboo bag and purse


Wood Mask - Maasai Kissing a giraffe
Wood Mask - Maasai Kissing a giraffe


Change Table Open Storage (Drawers)
Change Table Open Storage (Drawers)


Nairobi Safari Club
Nairobi Safari Club


Fruit Yogurt
Fruit Yogurt


Ash tray
Ash tray


Beef - Choice Grade
Beef  - Choice Grade


Beaded Belt KK07A-i
Beaded Belt KK07A-i


Gladiator Maasai Sandals
Gladiator Maasai Sandals


African Gazelle Family of three
African Gazelle Family of three


Deceiver red yellow Saltwater
Deceiver red yellow Saltwater


Maasai Female Sandals
Maasai Female Sandals


Kuba Cushion Covers
Kuba Cushion Covers


Who's Online
We have 5 guests online

© 2017 Buy from Kenya